Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
Installing cushion under your carpet not only provides comfort under your carpet, it can also provide your carpet with a more luxurious look and feel.
- All Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® Star Rated cushion products are warranted by the manufacturer as follows:
- If the cushion fails because of a loss of resiliency and results in the failure of the carpet, the carpet and cushion will be replaced, including reinstallation charges, for as long as the customer owns the cushion.
- This warranty applies to the above-stated cushion products, provided they are purchased along with carpeting from a Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® store, and said Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® carpet is installed over the cushion. The customer is not limited in the number of carpet installations made over the Star Rated cushion.
- All Star Rated cushion products are warranted under the Life of House Warranty by the manufacturer as follows:
- If the installed cushion fails because of a loss of resiliency, the cushion will be replaced, including reinstallation charges, for the life of the original carpet installed over the cushion. This warranty cannot be transferred to another customer and becomes invalid if the carpet is replaced or if the carpet and the underlying cushion is transferred to another location.
- This warranty applies to the above-stated cushion products, provided they are purchased along with carpeting from a Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® store, and Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® carpet is installed over the cushion.
- The Life of House Warranty applies only to designated Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® cushion styles.
- Any claims under this warranty must be placed through the Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® store.
(See General Terms and Conditions on page 36 for other conditions that apply.)
General Terms and Conditions for Cushion Warranties
In addition to the requirements specified previously for each cushion warranty, the following general terms and conditions apply to each of the Star Rated cushion warranties.
- These limited warranties apply only to cushion installed in owner-occupied residential space where no commercial activity takes place. “Commercial use” includes, but is not limited to, use in a store, office, or other place of business.
- These limited warranties exclude cushion that has been put to abnormal use or conditions or abused in any way. “Abnormal use or conditions” includes, but is not limited to, water damage from plumbing, storm, or flood; damage from smoke or fire or other casualty event; damage from improper cleaning methods or materials; and from improper maintenance. “Abuse” is any use of the cushion that is unreasonable considering the normal and expected uses of a carpet cushion in a residence.
- To qualify for replacement, the original sales receipt or other documentation which demonstrates proof of purchase must be supplied.
- These warranties apply only to residential cushion installations performed by a Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® retailer or authorized independent installer under a carpet sold by a Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® retailer and installed by a Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® retailer or Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® authorized independent installer.
- Flooring America®/Flooring Canada® SHALL, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES BASED UPON THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES, CONTRACTS, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL CLAIM. Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. The foregoing warranties give you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
- If there is a conflict between these general terms and conditions and the limited warranties as specified, the limited warranties as specified shall control.